advice for starting a small koi pond?

what do i do to be able to put fish in? filter? anything special for the water so fish don't die? i've never put fish in the pond yet? theres a kind of pump thing in it (a ceramic fish that spits water in the pond) and advice?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 10:41 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'm wondering where you live for me to give Advice! We live in WI. Cement ponds have issues with the Ph level. Now mind you I'n no expert just one who has one... We've had some issues & problems! Like 1 year the PH level the same as the ocean! It depends on Size & all!! Also A UV Clairifier would be handy! Living pond plants help too! A good eko system established with good Algae Etc.. I wish you lived by us! We just bought too many fish & need to get rid of some! We're unemployed but we heard of A Woman losing her home! And had 55 Fish. We had to buy & rescue. But none were what DH wanted! But the thought of them just Dying After being bleached out. We couldn't let that happen... Good Luck! Also Search Sites & what not.. There's alot to learn!! But it can be Fun too!! Excpet last year my BIL had many Huge ones of his Killed by Blue Herrons!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:45 AM on May. 15, 2009