My step daughters wedding, should I go?

Well a few weeks ago she, her dad, and I got into a big fight. She wn't do what she wants in her wedding and she cried to me and her dad that she wanted an outside wedding and I told her that if thats what she wanted thats what she would get! And I meant it! Well her mother-in-law told Keisha that it just wouldnt work out that way and she said no. I know that it hurt Keisha but she is the type of person that des what ever eveyone else want her to do. So she went along with it. And I am pissed because after crying her eyes out to have an outside weding se will not have one just because the mother in law doesnt want her to. And now she will not talk to me,she says that I stick my nose in her buisness just because I told her mother in law to keep her nose out of it. I told her that it wasKeishas weddingadn to let her do what she wants.Now sh dont want me at her wedding!!! Was I wrong? If so what do I do to make it righ

motherx6

Asked by motherx6 at 10:48 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• just stay oout of it deep down you know you tried to do what she wanted and its best you just stay out of it because then people will just talk bad about you when its obviously not something you did. if she said not to go let her be but make sure your husband doesnt go eather.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 15, 2009

• she willl get over it ...you should prolly go
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 10:54 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Talk to her and tell Keisha she can have it her way do what will make the bride happy.

Why is the MIL getting into her business anyway (unless she is paying for the wedding) if so then let things be.

If not let Keisha have her wediing the way she wants this is her day and no body else's.

Talk to her and tell her you are on her side no matter what let the MIL be the bad guy. which she is being one.  GOOD LUCK KEISHA I PRAY ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU!!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Its sad she decided to cut you out like that but she has and if she asked you not to go you should respect her wishes. I dont think you were wrong telling the mother in law your thoughts I would have done the same.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• What PP? Make sure her dad doesn't go that is crazy. I would calmly try to talk with her again with her dad and if she still doesn't want you there then don't go. If you go it will make things even worse. I think it's sad that it has come down to that over some petty stuff and I hope it all works out for the better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 15, 2009

• When a person attends a wedding, it's because they are showing their support for the bride and groom, reguardless of issues with others. If there is a reason that you don't think the two should get married, you should not attend. Emotions run wild during this time - give her some space, so she can think things through clearly. I would go if I were you.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:59 AM on May. 15, 2009

• put a card on her car telling her you love her
    go to the wedding
    good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 15, 2009

• You need to go. She's only going to do this once! (Hopefully!) Remember all the stress of your wedding? It makes some people very fragile and emotional b/c it's a BIG deal and she's not getting what she wants, etc. Just go, put it all behind you and give her your unconditional love and support just like you always have. It's what I would want.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 3:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Sit down with your daughter. Apologize for making things harder for her with her future mother-in-law. Tell her that you love her and will support any decisions she makes. Choose another time, place, and issue to discuss any "assertiveness" issues you feel she has.

Then go to the wedding and enjoy her big day.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:04 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Talk with her and find out what she really wants. She probably told you not to come in the heat of the moment. She may even mean it as she stews over in her head what happened, and she is likely building up this big hate thing toward you right now, blaming you for every little thing that has gone wrong- (the roses look wilty? must be YOUR fault, and so forth- totally wrong of course, but now she has somebody to blame). Talk with her as soon as possible before she builds this hateful thinking up even more. Tell her that you'll go along with her wishes. I suspect when you are talking face to face and looking eye to eye, that she'll relent. You could even remind her gently of good times ("I was remembering how beautiful you looked at your prom and would be sad to miss seeing you on your wedding day.") But if she truly doesn't want you there, then it will be something that will make her sad forever.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on May. 16, 2009