Please any advice...My 2 yr old wont eat anything!

I need some insight. I'm in tears right now. My 2.5 yr old daughter hasn't had a bite to eat since Monday. She gagged on a little piece of spaghetti, but she was okay it was nothing too serious or something she hasn't done before. I have brought her to the doctors 2x this week and everything is fine-no fever,cold,sore throat,ear infection-nothing. She is cutting all 4 molars right now, but it's not like her to eat ANYTHING. She is drinking liquids such as v8,kids boost,milk, water, but it's almost as if she is afraid to put the spoon in her mouth. I'm frustrated because she really needs to eat something anything-not even yogurt she won't put in her mouth. Anyone experience this? I've been doing everything to get her to put something in her mouth-watching tv, telling her it's okay....please anybody

MandyT1021

Asked by MandyT1021 at 10:50 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her some frozen peas and frozen blueberries; she will roll them around and eat a few. Make sure that she is drinking lots of water. Tofu chunks and cooked beans are good finger food, too.
    Make her smoothies: frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, enriched soy milk or apple juice, plain yogurt (the real kind, with live cultures and without gelatin), maple syrup, kale or spinach; throw it all in the blender and give her a fun cup and straw.
    Good luck, stay calm and positive and know that this will pass.
    BTW, instead of spagetti, give her whole wheat rotini or another finger size, with a dish of marinara to dunk.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Thanks, but I've tried everything at this point and nothing works. She had spaghetti noodles that were cut up with gravy inside her bowl so it was moist and she has eaten spaghetti plenty of times. She hates smoothies-I've tried that Thanks for the advice though. I'm staying calm, but scared because she's not eating.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 11:05 AM on May. 15, 2009

• As long as the Dr. says she is okay, and she has no other symptoms-I would ignore it. Put a few favorite snacks out on the table and don't even mention them to her. The more you pressure her to eat, the less likely she will. I would monitor her pee and BM's though to make sure SOMETHING is coming out! If it goes on for 2 more days, call the dr. and demand an X-ray to make sure there is not a bowel obstruction or something!
    HoustonMom22

Answer by HoustonMom22 at 1:23 PM on May. 15, 2009