how can get a child to potty train that is difficult and stuubborn on it

dose not want anything to do with it have tried everything he is almost 4....help plz!!!!!!!!!

jess105

Asked by jess105 at 10:55 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was going to say leave him alone, but being that he is almost 4, its likely a power struggle now rather than just not being ready. Theres a big difference. Obviously you cant force because kids are in full control of their own bowels. Have you considered asking the doc? Could it be fear based? Does he show fear about using the toilet or do you think theres a lazy factor in it? My son just turned 3 and hes genuinely not ready. Its not fear based at all. He just doesnt get it yet. At some point, it will come, I promise.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i wish i had the answers my son is the same way potty training is not one of his strong points
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2009