Heeelp! How long would you let something bother you between you and your SO before talking about it or exploding?

Should I just wait...I mean obviously something is wrong if we're not talking-we usually always talk, but he hasn't even asked the obvious "what is wrong?"

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• it eats me up if I don't address things with him right away! So, personally I get it out of the way ASAP!

Answer by qtpie94 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Over the years I have finally learned that for myself it is best to approach the situation as soon as possible. The longer I think about something the worse I make it. I have learned that in my situation if I approach the subject at hand calmly and present my concern in a simple way that I can accomplish allot.

Answer by kimmie10575 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Communication is more important than many people realize....and a lack of it can cause some significant problems, and even end a relationship. I suggest you talk NOW. If that is a problem or not easy for you, seriously considering a couples/marriage counseling...

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it depends on what it is or what kind of reaction i think it might cause. if i know for a fact we are going to fight about it, i'll wait and bring it up at a time that i feel like fighting. if i've had a long day, i'll let it go. but sometimes that can be unpredictable and blow up in my face. just don't bottle it up too long or you will explode.

Answer by SamsMom125 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i feel awkward answering this question. because i don't always practice what i preach. i know it's the right thing to do. don't eat it up. it will only make matters worse. try to do it at a time when you are calm. it's best if the both of you are. it seems as if you are the one concerned. [typical] sit him down and calmly let him know what you want to address to him, and how you feel. then tell him what you believe should be done. after you are done, ask him how he feels, and what he thinks. try to have a calm discussion. if things get too heated. i suggest you postpone this talk for later when you are calm again. if this never seems to work than maybe you should get a little counseling. professional, or get a trusted individual to talk to him, and then the both of you.

never stay quiet!!

Answer by x0x0mommyx0x0 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ugh... just talk to him! He's not a mind reader. Sure, he could probably guess that something is bothering you by your body language or whatever, but if you just keep fuming about how he's not asking you what's wrong, you'll just get MORE mad. TALK to him soon & don't LET it explode.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2008