Im 18 wks and always nervouse i lost the baby, friends and family tell me id bleed or have spotting has anyone else ever felt like this?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 11:06 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was always a little nervous until she started moving, thats what made it sure and real to me. just try to relax, so you don't get yourself stressed out. its so easy to panic when you're pregnant! as long as you'ree taking care of yourself, you can only assume your baby is healthy.
    good luck, sweetie!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:08 AM on May. 15, 2009

• do you feel your baby move? have you hear the heartbeat at the doctor appt.? have you had an ultrasound and saw that everything was fine...if you answered yes to all of these then honey you are fine and so is that precious baby. if you fear that something will happen you are doing nothing but stressing yourself. and nothing good will come from stress. just calm down and relax. just keep thinking positive...and your family is right and wrong. you MIGHT bleed or spot (spotting is normal most of the time) and you can cramp...but I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks due to a dysfunctional midwife. My baby had died at 15 weeks but I did not know until 20 weeks. She told me she heard the babies heartbeat at 18 weeks when in fact she heard my heart beat. I actually got an infection from the decomposition and went into labor. so you just relax and keep thinking positive positive and love that baby. get the room ready. paint, have fun.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:12 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I was nervous the entire time! I went to the doctor about 3 times for lack of movement after 28 weeks! The funny thing is, once they're out, you realize that them being inside you was the safest place for them! The worrying is a million times worse! =)
    If you ever have any questions or think something may be wrong, always call your doctor. That's what they're there for and that way you don't stress yourself out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I know I always had anxiety about that for the first months. But I'd been feeling my little booger since I was 16wks, and that REALLY helps with the anxiety.
    If you aren't feeling movement yet, that's totally normal. My Dr. told me 22wks can be the latest a women feels movement.
    Don't worry, I'm sure it's just your hormones, it's normal to have anxieties.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:13 AM on May. 15, 2009

• It never helps worrying about things, especially when it comes to your little one! I know while I was pregnant (and still today) I worried about everything and I called the dr about it all! I felt like I was annoying the dr but better safe than sorry! That's their job, and they are used to it!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:19 AM on May. 15, 2009