• In the Spotlight:

How much do day care workers make?

I was just wandering how much the workers at the day care centers make . They actually have a pretty tiring job looking after all the kids. I don't mean the owners just the workers. I would guess probably $7.00 or $8.00. Do you know ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• depends on the area and the cost of living
    i made $8 in fla and $13 in va
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:20 AM on May. 15, 2009

• In Texas I made 6.50 -6.75 which wasn't much with the poop you have to go through. I was there for the kids but damn the owner seemed to be in it for the money. You would think they would take care of their employees so that way they'd want to be at work they made it so hard. I think I got screwed pay wise. But I did get some kind of experience with kids now I babysit in myown home that is just as good. M-F.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• It depends on where you live, your education and the type of facility. Try www.salary.com

Answer by rkoloms at 12:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would think about $6-8 an hour. Not very much.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• In SE Wisconsin the wages for a child care teacher are $6.50 an hour (which is minimum wage) to about $10 an hour (VERY few and far between). Most make less than $8 and hour. Oh and the majority do NOT offer any benefits what so ever. Very little for the amount of work that is done. It is also a high stress job. I did it for almost 20 years and never made over $10 an hour. It doesn't matter if you have an associates degree, child care certificate or bachelor's degree, child care just doesn't pay.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on May. 16, 2009