Anyone ever used Rent-a-Center?

I'm looking at their website, and I'm thinking about getting a new sofa, rent-to-own. BUT I want to know how much it is altogether, before I go into their store and get sucked into buying....

Has any one of you ever got anything for Rent-A-Center? Are the decently priced? What is your experience?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:23 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Rent a center is for people who cant get financed regularly so of course they jack up the price and have high intrest rates. YOu would be better off saving for a new sofa and checking for sales at reggular stores. If you do pay off your couch right away from there you could avoid the high finance charge.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Everything is dirty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My son bought a brand new washer and dryer through R-A-C. It was a little higher than other places but they were willing to work with him on payments. He was dumb in college and took out a credit card blah blah blah. He is still trying to overcome that damaged credit. R-A-C worked with him in a very fair manner.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Not a good place to buy stuff. In the end, you pay double what you think you are paying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 15, 2009

• They are having so many great sales and deals with Memorial Day coming up, and just in general because of the economy. I would say save up, you will end up spending a lot less for something better quality and that you might like better.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• its a quick fix but is costly. my suggestion is to save a little and look in the newspaper buy used furniture thats real nice from a one owner thats moving or just up dating. I bought almost all of my furniture & dishes at auctions...not to mention how much fun my oldest daughter & I had going and watching and bidding. Its a little bit of a hunt but it was extremely exciting and i got what i wanted with out all the costs. I bought a new refridg that was about 1100.00 brand new ...i paid 300.00. bought a new broyhill couch...yellow plaid (beautiful) for 75.00. enterainment center that was Ethan Allen 1500.00 paid 150.00 no kidding! I have beautiful furniture and it didnt cost me an arm & leg...but it wasnt a quick fix...soooo what you think?
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• You may thinks its a good deal but really it isn't if you miss a payment you in get a talkin too and they will add 25.00 on a late fee not just that you are paying double for whatever you want. if you want something just put away 100.00 somewhere and keep building to it at least you will have it cheaper then paying double cause really for the amount you would pay you could of got 2 couchs but if you want to spend your money careless that is up to you but if you need credit i guess you can go that way too. but its all up to you . i'm not paying for it you are so its up top you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• My best friend had used one and recommends not using them.

What she was paying to rent a computer and some furniture and the cost of it all at the end would have been easier on her finances if she just learned to budget properly and save and buy everything herself.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:35 AM on May. 15, 2009

• We have in the past but I wouldn't now. The prices are just way too high now. The best thing is what we told our 22yo son to do....find something on clearance that is a 90 day same as cash. The price is way less than what they would charge for for 12-18 mos. because there is no interest attached.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

• We got our front load washer and dryer through them. I paid them 35.00 every week 4-EVER! I think we ended up paying like 4,000+ for them. But thats the only way I was able to get what I wanted when I needed it. So I don't disagree with RAC. But it's most definitely expensive. Probably would be cheaper to save up the money you would be giving them weekly and buy what you wanted from a store. You would have to wait longer for your furniture, But it would be cheaper.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:56 AM on May. 15, 2009