Is it safe to sleep on your stomach when your pregnant? I've never done it, just curious if some of you have

I was wondering if there were still anyone sleeping on their stomachs. I'm already 16 weeks, so I'm not, but I was wondering if any one still was.

Sarah2116

Asked by Sarah2116 at 11:34 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's ridiculously uncomfortable after a certain point and pretty much impossible. I had to lay on my stomach propped up on my elbows for a family picture when I was about 18 weeks and it was AWFUL to lay there long enough to just take a picture.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:50 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes I slept on my stomach as long as I could with each of them. The last one, I slept kinda half on my stomach and half on my side.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:02 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i dnt
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 12:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• "The last one, I slept kinda half on my stomach and half on my side. "

Me too, it was the only way I was comfortable with this one.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i did for as long as i was comfortable... i hate to sleep on my back and on my side was jus misery. when my stomach got in the way i bought a boppy pillow that was shaped like a wedge to support my tummy whn laying on my side. it helps a lot :)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 1:04 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I did in my first trimester until my baby grew to be big enough to make it uncomfortable. I know it doesn't hurt the baby at all - she is nicely cushioned inside and a mattress has enough give to not put too much pressure on your abdomen. I haven't slept on my stomach since then, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I did through my whole pregnancy (both of them). When I got bigger I propped my leg up on a pillow and called it good
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I slept on my stomach until I was showing a little. For me I was most comfortable sleeping on my stomach so I stacked up all sorts of pillows and blankets. It was a huge mess but it was so comfortable.
    newbrumback

Answer by newbrumback at 6:52 PM on May. 15, 2009