is he cooing or not?

I have 9 months old baby twins (adjustment age 7 months 1/2 old), and the girl is really vocal...she is babling perfectly but the boy is making noises like eeeee, oooo, uuuuu, mmmmmmm, no to much aaaaa and noting about coooooo, he yells and makes raspberries but not babling.....my question is.... is he cooing or grunting, because my friend says that he grunts not coos... i really do not if eeee, oooo, uuuuu and mmmmm are cooing sounds......coul it be normal that he is not babling yet and makes those sounds? i talked with their doctor and he said that the girl is vocal and the boy motor because he is crawling, pulling up from furniture and the girl nop....thanks for your opinions.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they are cooing sounds, but not babling. Some babies especially twins will mature and do different things on their own time table.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Mine are the complete opposite! Well, they are 4 months, but my baby boy is talking (babbling whatever), laughing and rolling around. My baby girl has just started getting more vocal. I think it's just the difference in the babies. I don't know though how to tell you whether he's cooing or not. I think if he's making noise and recognizing his name and meeting all of his milestones I wouldn't worry about it.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Noise is noise, he is on track.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:21 PM on May. 15, 2009