Is it normal to be very worried during pregnancy?

proud_prego

Asked by proud_prego at 11:43 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only time I was worried was in my 1st trimester when i was bleeding and cramping. Other then that I didn't worry really at all.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Absolutely!!! It is such a crazy exciting time and there are so many new things happening to your body. It helped me to read so I new what to expect and then have a really good doctor who you are comfortable asking your million questions of.
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes! Im worried about something right now! But try not to be so worried b/c stress isn't good for baby! Oh, and Congrats!
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes. I was paranoid about something through almost every stage of my pregnancy.

I, however, was an excessive worrier. I had nightmares about doing every possible thing wrong. While worry is normal, excessive worry isn't (and probably isn't healthy for you or the baby either). If you find yourself being absolutely paranoid instead of being just "concerned" you should talk to your doctor about ways to calm and reassure yourself.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 AM on May. 15, 2009

• of course it's normal! Pregnancy should be a time of joy, rest and getting ready for baby though. Try to relax..i know it's hard to not worry about the most important thing in your life but it's not good to be worried for yourself and your baby..so for the baby's sake try to relax!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I am not a worrier in general, I feel it is a waste of my energy. However, when I was pregnant with my second baby I was worried constantly. I had a friend that lost her newborn and two family members found out the were pregnant at the same time as us and both had miscarriages. I was terrified about that pregnancy. I didn't let myself become attached until about six months. I was so worried all the time.
    It is normal to worry during pregnancy, but try not to let the worry consume you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It is totally normal...there are SO many new things going on that it would be impossible not to...at least a little. However, it can also be unhealthy for your baby to worry TOO much. Before pregnancy, I was a big worrier over many things. I've had to teach myself not to worry so much, and I feel so much better now that I don't do it as often.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Oh yes! It's normal. I'm at 21 weeks and I'm terrified that I'll do something wrong.
    vamom2be

Answer by vamom2be at 12:25 PM on May. 15, 2009