Legit or not legit?

I just want to know how you wonderful ladies feel about this.

If you and your SO aren't married but have an exclusive relationship, do you feel your man is single and free to be with whomever he wants to be with?

Just for opinions, so please no bashing.
I feel that just because me and my SO aren't married yet doesn't mean he is free to roam the streets. If you are with me, you have to be with me only. I've been told by quite a few ladies that he isn't married to me so he is single and can be with whoever he wants and I just don't feel thats right, but everyone has their own opinion and I respect that to the fullest.

AGAIN, no bashing! I just like seeing how different people feel and I can get different views on a situation.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:50 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't let other women influence you and spoil your relationship. No he isn't "free to roam the streets" as he's with you. You don't have to be married to be in a built relationship with someone you love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Not if you guys are in a serious relationship, he should just be with you. My husband and I didn't get married until 3 years after we started dating but he was never free to date other people.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:53 AM on May. 15, 2009

• If your SO will roam the streets and be with whoever he wants while in a committed relationship, a ring isn't going to change that. Getting married means that you want to take the relationship you currently have to the next level and make things more permanent. Getting married doesn't change the basics in how you relate to each other or respect each other.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:54 AM on May. 15, 2009

• wow that is upserd if you guys are in a relationship means no one else !!! my sister has been wit her ole man for over ten years not married so sdoes that mean he is still single heeelllllllllll noooooo
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 11:55 AM on May. 15, 2009

• hell
    no
    its one or the other :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Seems absurd that you would need to clear this up with your SO, right? But he's a man, so you have to make CLEAR all of your expectations. You have to lay out your expectations of the relationship/him and ask him to lay out his. If they closely match, great - if they don't then you must decide if you can live under those conditions or not. If you choose to stay with him, you choose to stay with a cheating mother effer. (Or so it sounds like) I typed a CONTRACT of my expectations of my SO before I would allow him to move in with me. It had chores, how often we need to have sex, words he can never call me, how to treat the dogs, etc etc etc. It lined everything out clearly and concisely. He lives up to EVERY expectation except 1. (Treatment of dogs - he yells at them) My friends think I'm crazy for writing up a contract, but I think it's the smartest thing I have ever done!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you guys decided you were going to be in a commited relationship, then no, he is not single. What do those ladies think? You're either single or married and no inbetween? That's pretty stupid! Do these women want your man? That might be why they say stuff like that. I'm sure they have heard of having a boyfriend, which means no cheating.
    Anonymous

• If we are in a committed relationship,,that we both agreed to this committed relationship,He is not single

Answer by louise2 at 12:36 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Being married does not stop people from cheating or seeing other people. If they are gonna do it, they are gonna do it regardless. I wouldn't worry about what those women say as long as your man feels the same way you do. If he doesn't there are plenty of guys out there that do. I would think about paying a little more attention to these women though because it sounds to me that they may be hoping he feels as though he's not yours exclusively.
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 12:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Hell no!
    Anonymous