Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First term preganancy and Pain

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and I am getting a stabbing pain on the right side of my back near my kidney and horrible pain in my stomach. Should I go to the doctor or can I do something at home for it?

Answer Question

Asked by Andrewsmomma622 at 11:54 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I would at least call the dr's office and ask if you should go in. I had cramping and spotting at 7 wks and went to the er. They said everything was fine though- implantation bleeding. But better to know that everything is ok...

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • weird pains while pregnant wasn't uncommon for me, but I was also further along than 7 weeks. I would check with your doctor. Pregnancy is uncomfortable, it's probably nothing but normal pains but I would check to be safe.

    Answer by dbodani at 12:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • Go to the doctor...none of us have any way of diagnosing you. it could be many things, and you don't want to neglect it and let it turn into something mroe serious.

    Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • you are early enough along that it could still be tubal pregnancy... def go to the doctor and get it checked out..... if its not that, then it could be your abdomen stretching and prepping for baby... and that is normal to experience pain....
    but def get it checked out. and soon....
    Congrats and goodluck!

    Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • I would call the dr. You could have a bladder or kidney infection. Definately needs checked out. GL.

    Answer by KellyOh72 at 2:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.