Is it normal to be itchy?

I have been experiencing vaginal itch for a couple weeks and have tried several remedies but it still hasn't gone away. In fact, today hs been so bad I'm ready to leave work.
I read this is normal during pregnancy. Is there anything I can do to help this and is this a common problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard or read that itchy is normal during pregnancy. Im 28 weeks and have not experienced that. I know its normal to get infections more while pregnant which can cause that. Id go to the Dr. and dont use just any over the counter thing if you are pregnant.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 12:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It is quite common to have itchy skin during pregnancy caused by hormones and stretching -- especially over your growing belly but not the vaginal itchiness you are talking about. More likely you are having yeast infection down there which should be treated.
    Please call you doctor and he will prescribe you something - there is no reason for you to suffer such a discomfort.
    If you cant make it to the doc office today you may go to drug store and ask for advice - just make sure you let them know that you are pregnant.

polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 12:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would definitely go to the doctor. I've never read that it's normal, and I haven't experienced it. If in fact it is some sort of infection, you need to take care of it ASAP...vaginal infections could potentially spread to the baby, so don't take any chances.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'd talk to the dr. I had the same thing and it turned out to be a yeast infection. My dr prescribed monistat....
    vamom2be

Answer by vamom2be at 12:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i am 38 weeks and am sore n irratated but it's because of having more vaginal discharge especially in the morning yuck i know i use wet wipes after peeing every time maybe thats whats happening to u i know gross but there isn't anything u can do i wear a panty liner that helps a little
    Anonymous

• I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant and I swear it has been 30 weeks of constant itching!!! It's the one part of pregnancy I wish I could get rid of.... no matter what my doctor has told me to do... monistat, that St eves wash, vagicane... nothing works for an extended period of time.... I'm miserable....but no worry's it's normal... some women just don't have to go through it.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 5:41 PM on May. 17, 2009