If your information was being used without your knowledge would you want to know?

If you were a member of an online support group and you learned that the one who runs the group had been using members information to further her pocketbook would you want to know? If you went to that person's page and learned that this had gone on for months and no explanation given would you be mad? Do you think you should be informed before someone profits from using your information?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 12:13 PM on May. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You're right I was off topic.. My brain went ballistic. Yes, I would want to know. The person(s) engaging in this are committing fraud as far as I'm concerned. They are pretending to be something they are not. It should be illegal to gainfully profit from uniformed participants.
    Anonymous

• The bigger issue is really why in heavens name are people posting personal information online? You take an assumed risk everytime you post something personal. I go to peoples pages on theis site everyday that have pics of their kids and their names and the profiles isn't even set to private. How careless and completely uninformed can people be?
    Anonymous

• I was gearing the question to people that would answer the question I asked. Thank you though.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Absolutely...and I'm also pretty sure that through some legal loophole...if she's being compensated...she's not allowed to do that without our permission in some sort.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:24 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would be irate, simply put.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 12:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Try and collect as much proof as you can, that she is using your info with out permission then take the evidence to the authorities. Who knows, you could wake up one morning with your bank account empty and the group "disappears". Just because someone owns a group, or website doesn't mean they are trust worthy.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 2:09 PM on May. 15, 2009