My first time going to the beach w. baby.PLEASE HELP! Is Coppertone a sunscreen for babyes only? beacuse im not sure if i got a right one.

Well tomorrow,saturday, my family is going to go to the beach (its my babies first time going to the beach, and my first time with a baby-in the beach) im concerned. Even thought i think we are gonna take a little tent to be under, i am really worried because i dont want my baby to get sun burned or anything. So yestueday i went to the store and i bought a sunscreen for baby. there was so many to choose from. well i got clear no-rub spray Copperstone ultra guard sunscreen, 70+ spf broad spectrum anti burn uvb and uva anti aging protection. i got the highest protection of 70 there where some of 50 but i thought 70 would be better, but now im thinking is it too strong??? and my baby is 5 months old in three days and it says 6 months plus. PLEASE HELP. and tell me how was your first experience at the beach, and what to look out for. Thanks.

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 12:14 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• I put sunscreen on my granddaughter when she was only 3 months old, and she did fine. I just didn't put any on her hands or fingers, so she would not get it in her eyes or mouth.

• Call your doc. Normally children under 6 months of age should not wear sunscreen so it may be too strong. Ask your doctor just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:20 PM on May. 15, 2009