My first time going to the beach w. baby.PLEASE HELP! Is Coppertone a sunscreen for babyes only? beacuse im not sure if i got a right one.

Well tomorrow,saturday, my family is going to go to the beach (its my babies first time going to the beach, and my first time with a baby-in the beach) im concerned. Even thought i think we are gonna take a little tent to be under, i am really worried because i dont want my baby to get sun burned or anything. So yestueday i went to the store and i bought a sunscreen for baby. there was so many to choose from. well i got clear no-rub spray Copperstone ultra guard sunscreen, 70+ spf broad spectrum anti burn uvb and uva anti aging protection. i got the highest protection of 70 there where some of 50 but i thought 70 would be better, but now im thinking is it too strong??? and my baby is 5 months old in three days and it says 6 months plus. PLEASE HELP. and tell me how was your first experience at the beach, and what to look out for. Thanks.

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 12:14 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• I put sunscreen on my granddaughter when she was only 3 months old, and she did fine. I just didn't put any on her hands or fingers, so she would not get it in her eyes or mouth.
    Anonymous

• Call your doc. Normally children under 6 months of age should not wear sunscreen so it may be too strong. Ask your doctor just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:20 PM on May. 15, 2009