My first time going to the beach w. baby.PLEASE HELP! Is Coppertone a sunscreen for babyes only? beacuse im not sure if i got a right one.

Well tomorrow,saturday, my family is going to go to the beach (its my babies first time going to the beach, and my first time with a baby-in the beach) im concerned. Even thought i think we are gonna take a little tent to be under, i am really worried because i dont want my baby to get sun burned or anything. So yestueday i went to the store and i bought a sunscreen for baby. there was so many to choose from. well i got clear no-rub spray Copperstone ultra guard sunscreen, 70+ spf broad spectrum anti burn uvb and uva anti aging protection. i got the highest protection of 70 there where some of 50 but i thought 70 would be better, but now im thinking is it too strong??? and my baby is 5 months old in three days and it says 6 months plus. PLEASE HELP. and tell me how was your first experience at the beach, and what to look out for. Thanks.

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 12:15 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Travel

• Baby skin is too sensitive fur sunscreen under six months old. Coverage is really the only way to go.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 3:24 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I took my son to the beach at 4 months. I didn't use sunscreen on him because they aren't meant for babies under 6 months. I just kept a hat on him and a t-shirt. And kept him constantly under an umbrella. Even when he was in the ocean, I held it over him. He never once got any sunburn or any sun exposure.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Anything above 50 is still 50. Go get one that is made for babies.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, you should get baby sunscreen (it's usually in a pink bottle or something). I have used a bunch of them, and I recommend Baby Faces by Hawaiian Tropic. It works very nice and it's the first one not to sting her eyes when she rubs her face.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:32 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Sunscreen is not good for babies under 6 months. You baby is 4 months....please don't do it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• For sunscreen - not fur....::sighs::
    ElderGothMom