My 12 month old has red spots all over her!

I just noticed them this morning when she got up. Only the bigger ones are raised and they arent raised a lot but enough if i run my fingers over them i can feel it. They dont seem to bother her. her temp was 99.4 when i took it. I havent changed detergent and she hasnt eaten anything new. the only thing i can think of is my hubby put her in winter pjs last night (footie fleece ones) and my house was 72, but she has never broken out in red dots from being hot. he also put baby podwer on her last night but she has had that on her before also. I gave her a bath to try and rinse whatever may be bothering her off, but that just made them brighter and stand out more. I have a call into the dr, but what do you guys think? She is acting just fine!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 12:23 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope no daycare, home with me and yes she just had her MMR shot last week. Took her to dr and it is a reaction to the MMR shot but nothing to worry about! thank God! He said it will get worse before better but will go away in about a week! I think we will stay home for the week because you know how rude people can be with stairing! and i dont want people to think she has chix pocks! thanks girls!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:47 AM on May. 16, 2009

• She could have strep. My boys always presented with a rash for strep. If you take her to the doctor ask them to do a strep test, they may look at you funny, But I have been right about strep rash every time even when the doctors didn't believe that it could be strep.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My son had the same thing happen last summer. We all ended up getting the rash. That's all it was. Not itchy, slightly raised temperature.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:42 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you google childhood rashes you can look at pictures of them. Also, if you pull the skin tight and they turn white that is called blanching. If they don't turn white, take her in, she may have chicken pox or something.
    Anonymous

• Does she have the chicken pox vaccine? If not, she may have Chicken Pox
    Anonymous

• She may have the Chicken Pox. Is she in daycare?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:32 PM on May. 15, 2009