• In the Spotlight:

Clingy Son

My son is 14 months and freaks out anytime I put him down. He always wants to be held. I can't even get him to go to his daddy its me and only me. He flips out when I change his brother and also when I'm brushing his sister's hair. He sleeps in his crib in our room and if he knows I'm in bed he will cry and scream until I get him out. Is this normal and should I keep holding him or let him cry it out. My hubby gets really upset about me always holding him. It also drives me crazy but I hate him crying and its not just crying he cries to where he holds his breath and chokes. Anyone been in the same boat. Any advice will help. Thanks!

yaffamommy

Asked by yaffamommy at 12:23 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hes probably going through the separation anxiety. My DD was like that and it drove me nuts. Not that i don't love my daughter or don't like holding her, but you can hardly do anything with just one hand. Now my left arm is much stronger thatn my right. LOL
    Just give him a little while. Try the mama will be right back thing. Tell him mama will be right back, then come right back. Even if its less than a minute, just to get him to trust you, to know that you will come back, and you won't just leave him. Try it, good luck- and deep breathes, it can get stressful.
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:26 PM on May. 15, 2009