When did your LO start sleeping on their own?

I am so ridiculously happy!! My DD is 10 months old...she had colic first 3 months and she was always used to me holding her and rocking her to sleep. I took someones suggestion on letting her have a bottle, then play for a few, then poop and then put her in her crib. I did just that and she played for a few min then went right to sleep! That was SOOOOO easy! I am soooooo happy!! Past few days she has not been wanting me to rock or hold her but will end up falling asleep on me anyway. So I was like she is growing out of this. Hopefully one day she will just want to go to sleep on her own and she DID !!! :D :D!

So when did yours start goin to sleep on their own?? Any HAPPY stories like mine?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 12:42 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he started sleeping through the night around 10 m/o. he was a night waking nurser, and I went with it, and one night he just self-weaned and has been sleeping soundly since! he woke up around 5 this morning crying hysterically. I picked him up and he laid on my chest and fell back asleep. he did fart a little, it might have been really bad trapped gas or maybe a nightmare. he woke up to a really dirty diaper, so it might have just been really bad gas pain lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:46 PM on May. 15, 2009

• oo ouch thats not cool! poor baby haha
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My son is 3 months today and has been sleeping on his own for about a month now. Thank God!! lol
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My daughter has always been a sleeper. I had to wake her to eat! Once she gained a reasonable amount of weight I let her wake her self. She started sleeping thorugh the night at 6 weeks for about 8 hours. Now she'll sleep 10 hours plus 3 hours nap -- she's 2.
    Anonymous

• My youngest one has never given me any trouble sleeping.. In fact when he was a newborn I had to always keep checking on him making sure he was ok and breathing, I was a little paranoid, but I got over it, now I know he likes his sleep!
    Anonymous

• since the day he was born he has been sleeping all night unless i put him in his bed then he wakes up to much so we co sleep and he is fine
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 1:08 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I got really lucky. My daughter was sleeping through the night at 2 1/2 months old! It just happened one night. I woke up at 6 am and she hadn't woken up all night so I went to check on her to make sure she was ok and she was sound asleep:) It stopped for a little while when she got her first two teeth, but even then , she only woke up once during the night.
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 1:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• day 1.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• my son had colic when he was a newborn too and i would rock him to sleep. the he started sleeping through the night around 2 months until 5 months and then the teething started and didnt sleep through the night until recently 8 months he is 9 months now. sometimes he wakes up once at night but he is smaller than most babies his age and requires more feedings more often so its ok with me. mostly though through the night
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 2:05 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My dd and my youngest 10 weeks. My twins 14 months.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2009