What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make? How did you decide what to do?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 12:44 PM on May. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• The hardest thing I've ever had to do was hold my son as he died and then bury him 3 days later. This Sunday he would have been 24 and it still is hard. esp. around his birthday. There is a calm about it this year. I lost my own grandmother in January (96 yrs old) Somehow my heart sees her holding him now..dumb maybe..but it's working for me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The hardest decisionI ever had to make is.......To leave my oldest daughter alone..She is 30 years old now..We have had a rocky relationship for 7 to 10 years now..I have tryed every thing I could think of to get her to talk things out..She wont do it. Giving up,was, and still is hard.

Answer by louise2 at 12:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Getting a divorce/leaving my 1st husband. Even though it was the best thing it was still very hard.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 12:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The hardest decision was to have my cat put down - but she had kidney failure so it wasn't really a choice- but even so it took my consent- a heartbreaking thing to do, but necessary.

The hardest thing I have ever had to do was to tell my husband that his mother had just called and said that his father had died.

Answer by Bmat at 1:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Life has so many hard decisions. I cannot imagine going through some of the things that others have had to face, like the death of a child or a parent. I think that would be the hardest. Once we've made the decision though we must live with our choice. My hardest decision was continuing to live in a foreign country with my husband because that is where he feels led to work. He is a pastor in a mission church. It was not such a hard decision to follow him the first time he told me where we would be going, but then sticking to it has been rough at some points. I don't regret it, but I do miss my family and the little ones growing up far from their roots.
    Anonymous