Is my 2 year old spoiled or he just doesnt want to walk?

My son will be 2 in june and he loves to run around in the house with no problem. But when we go to the park, he just wants to be carried around. He does not want to walk AT ALL. I have a 3 year old and he never did this. So i was wondering if anybody has a 2 year old who does this and what you did to stop the habit? If it can be stopped. Thanks

tish0607

Asked by tish0607 at 12:50 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's used to the house and not the park. Mine did that for a while, but after 3 or 4 visits, she was running around at the park, too.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My daughter is only 16 months but she kind of does the same thing. If we are in unfamiliar territory she will be a little clingy for a while untill she gets used to it. Especially at someones house with lots of people. Just be patient and comfort him. Maybe get down to his level on the ground and play ball or something to relax him and show him it's OK.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yeah, thats the problem with us too. We dont go out much but since the weather has been nice, we go out maybe 3-4 times a week, i guess he will get the hang of it soon. Thanks.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 2:19 PM on May. 15, 2009