I'm really getting depressed now....

My Husband and I have been living at seperate places, not for any negitive reasons, we just moved here and haven't found a place yet. Well, lately, I've been getting this awful feeling that something is wrong. The friends that he is staying with have this girl living with them. He has known her for awhile, but she just came back to town. She is constantly calling him or texting him.. All of a sudden she wants to do all these things that he likes or does and it really bothers me. I have tryed to talk to him about it and he just gets mad and says that I think too much into things. I worried that something may be going on with her or he may be starting to regret things with me. Everytime I call him or try to go see him he doesn't seem like he wants me around. He says that its not like that, but I dunno. I know it seems kinda childish, but am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Over reacting or not...
    Tell you hubby to stop defending himself...

and to listen to what you are saying..

Men tend to defend themselves instead of actually listening to what the other person is saying.

If you are uncomfortable with what is going on, or where he is, or whatever..
    he should beable to communicate that with you...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Things just dont seem right, I wouldnt be living sepretaly from my husband. Why cant you stay where he is? Why havent you been able to find any place together? I would be finding somewhere so we could be together even if it was a week by week hotel until we could find a place. That girl has no reason to be calling or texting. It does sound like something isnt right and you should trust your instincts.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't really know what to say, but I would feel the same way I guess all you can do is wait to see if anything comes from it. Maybe try when your talking to him don't bring that situation up, I hope it will get better
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• No. Hes your husband and you have strong feeling for him, as you should. Do you have kids? Where does he spend most of his time? Maybe you should try and become friends with this girl. A lot of times that will let her see who you are and would make it harder for her to make any moves towards him. Above all make it clear to him that you are feeling this way and ask him to hear you out. Living apart is hard enough with out the added stress of this. Tell him you need him more then ever right now Try not to cry or whine. Just talk to him from your soul. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't understand why YOU can't stay where he is staying but this girl is... hmm
    This whole thing sounds fishy to me.
    number one. I wouldn't be seperated from my husband and give another girl a chance to come between us. Number two. I would be having a conversation with this girl and tell her how you fee.
    Number three. I would be finding a place for you and your husband to stay.. together.. the way it should be.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:05 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would absolutely trust your instincts. I love what Dannee said to you - so right!

I think there's something up too....the only time a past bf has ever gotten mad when questioned about similar matters is when there is something to hide. In fact, the only time I have gotten angry or defensive with a past bf is when I have something to hide.

I smell a rat.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Tell him fine (we) can do things with your friend (we) are a couple now and together (we) can go out and hang with your friend together. If he has a problem with this- then something is fishy!
    Anonymous

• Ohhh I like Anonymous' answer above too!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes something is fishy, put yourself there a lot! Go over there all the time. Start texting your husband as much as you can. Suggest doing a lot more things together. Keep him busy with you! And hurry up and find some way you two can live together by whatever means you can. He is your husband and it sounds like she is getting all the time instead of you. You have to change that.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 2:50 PM on May. 15, 2009

• uhhhhh.....your not over reacting. a husband who loves his wife should WANT to see her & talk to her. I would make a surprise visit if i were you, and in the middle of the night.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:21 PM on May. 15, 2009