Has anyone had any bad effects with teething tablets with their children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No I used them threw my sons teething stage and I Loved them.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The Hylands teething tablets? You really can't have any problems UNLESS your child is allergic to milk. Following the homeopathy principle there is not an actual medicine in them it has the energy inprint. Long, complex explaination. If you would like google homeopathic principles.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Only thing I've used with my little one are frozen teethers and his Raz-berry. He loves gnawing on that thing! I have been warned by my ped. not to use baby ora-jel because it can turn their lips blue and create unwanted symptoms to make you freak out. 3 teeth in so far and don't think he'll need tablets.
    JenAndCian

Answer by JenAndCian at 1:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yeah..the baby orajel can get in their throat and cause them to not breath as well. It also makes their gums harder and makes teething hurt worse.

I have never heard any complaint about the teething tablets.

My son used freezer teethers and wet washcloths. Frozen bagels are also good.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The teething tablets were a godsend for us, I don't know if we would have gotten through my son's first set of molars without them. Poor baby was really in pain, but the teething tablets cut down on that and let him sleep.

I prefer the homeopathic teething tablets to anything else, they really seemed to work much better for my son.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:25 PM on May. 15, 2009

• they have caffeine in them, but other than that... they seem fine. I have heard about a year ago that something happened and they were proven unsafe and even deadly... but i havent heard anything lately and dont know if that was true then or not. I would google it and make sure you understand everything in them and any side effects that have happened or could happen before you give your child anything. I just used freezer teethers and frozen washcloths.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 1:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We use Hylands teething tabs and have never had an adverse reaction. It really helped her sleep too, cut the pain enough and helped her relax a bit.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:46 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My son didn't care for them, so we just give him things to chew on and tylenol in the evening. We used Orajel sparingly when he was really miserable with his "eye teeth" coming in. Most of my friends' babies have done really well with the teething tablets - I hear that Hylands dissolve better than Humphries.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• LOL. I've never even heard of a teething tablet!

I guess none of my kids were really bad teethers. I mean, they didn't show really bad symptoms or get excessively crabby or lose sleep while they were teething. They just chewed on their toys all the time. Lol
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:14 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I didn't learn about the tablets until my 2. With my first I used orajel and she had no problems teething or breathing. When she did teeth she had atleas t2 or 3 teeth come in every time. With my 2nd, I tried the tablets, but they didn't work on him. He was still really fussy so I got orajel. He hated it, but it gave him relief. He had no problems breathing either.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:00 PM on May. 15, 2009