HEAD LICE!!!!

My SD has had head lice several times. Her mom says she kept getting it from school (is it possible to get it over and over?) Well before she came out her mom said they were gone, but she had it the last tiem she was here but didn't know til after she got home and her mom called and said "sorry, she still had it while at your house so you might want to treat it" So now it has been a few weeks and she is here and she was hiding in the bathroom scratching the crap out of her head. When I went in to look I found little bitty eggs in her hair. How is this possible!! How do I help this girl rid herself of this lice for good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• Buy Jasons tea tree oil shampoo let it sit on her head lathered up about 5 min then rinse and repeat
    also coal tar/menthol shampoos work but our more harsh use sparingly
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• yuck been there done that. Buy a huge jar of mayonaise put it all over her head then put her in a shower cap and have her watch her favorite movie I left it on for like 2 and a half hours it suffocates the bugs and does work. It sounds like the mom is treating it but just not going through and combing out all the eggs. If she has long hair that can take hours and hours and you have to retreat in 7 days to kill the ones that ay have been left and hatched. The mom also needs to get rid of her pillows and buy new ones. Also bag up and clothes or stuffed animals for atleast 24 hours.
    Anonymous

• Hi, my name is Jenifer aka (Garlicmom) the best way to rid her of head lice is to give her a garlic oil supplement or get her to eat raw garlic with honey on it every day. I found this out when I had started putting raw garlic in our food and my little girls hair had nits in it but they were dead. I thought this was odd so I looked it up and there was a study done in 2006 I think that proved garlic kills lice and eggs 100%. Email me for more.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Okay enough with the home remedy crap! You need to get some head lice shampoo DESIGNED to KILL head lice. It takes hours to comb through her hair and pick out all the nits (eggs). If you do not remove all the nits they can survive the initial treatment and cause a reinfestation! I work at an elementary school and we do not allow children to return unless they are completely nit free. You have to wash all bedding in hot water and the things that can not be washed in hot water should be put into plastic bags and sealed for 7-10 days because that is the length or time it takes for nits to hatch. With out "food" they will not survive. Be smart about this and do not feed the child all kinds of garlic or anything else. Lets be real what child would want to eat raw garlic yuck!
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 1:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Home remedies do not work. But something from the pharmacy or get an Rx for head lice. Have the child sleep in a different area of the house or go somewhere else for about 3 days like a relatives or hotel and the lice at the house will die with no host. Redo the hair in 11 days with the shampoo and comb comb comb the hair until the nits and eggs are gone. But the Licemeister comb and use it for about 30 minutes everyday with an oil such as olive or baby, for one week. Re infestation is terrible, be careful of where the child goes and check her head regularly.
    Anonymous

• Buy not But...... Also, treat everyone in the house with a good shampoo not Rid. Ask the pharmacist behind the counter for the best most effective pediculicide they have. Put al the bedding and stuffed toys in the dryer for 30 minutes on a high heat setting. Really though, just leaving the area for 3 days kills the lice,saves time and money they die quickly with no host.

Anonymous

• My daughter got lice just last month. I went to the health department and they gave me a shamoo called De- Bug it is chemical free. The lice educator also told me to put conditioner on her hair once a week ( this will stun the lice for about 20 mins ) and use the lice comb it will get any nits missed. Do not treat everyone in your family unless they have it, the chemicals used in the lice shampoo is dangerous. I also washed all bedding and coats daily in the sanitize wash, and the pills were bagged up for 2 weeks
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 3:20 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Unfortunately it is possible that she dose keep contracting lice. First, I would recommend treating the head lice again with a natural product. ClearLice is made of natural ingredients, so it will be gentle on her scalp and lice cannot become resistant to the ingredients. You will only have to do with one day of treatment to get rid of the lice and eggs. I would also get the ClearLice repellent. You can put this on her head daily to help prevent her from contracting head lice again. It is safe to use daily and it smells good too...like peppermint, so that's a plus. Good luck :)

You can get the stuff here www.clearlice.com
    rachel072186

Answer by rachel072186 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2014