I have a baby.And he thinks he can control me! What shall I do?

he always, thinks hitting me and saying i hate you is the best way to ignore me.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, I guess you need to figure out what form of discipline effects him the most ie. taking toys or privileges away, time out or as my sister swears by a little soap in the mouth for verbal situations. Whatever you decide be consistent, consistent, consistent and if the consequence is effective enough he will soon realize his choices are causing his consequences. Best of luck my dear!!! I have two strong willed kids in my house and every day is a challenge unto itself!!!

Answer by qtpie94 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I just noticed the age group so I guess timeout would actually be a grounding situation or maybe taking away his phone, I-pod or game system.

Answer by qtpie94 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my 18 month old is going through this. she can't say i hate you yet, but she hits and watches for my reaction. i just look at her and keep a calm cool voice and say be nice. my husband got onto her the other night cuz she was jumping on our bed while we were lying there and flining herself on his belly and he he patted her butt and she just hit him back. so for her, spanking or swatting is not the answer. so i would say just keep calm and let him know (make him look you in the eye) that he doesn't need to do that.

Answer by SamsMom125 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sorry for all those moms out there who don't spank but we do and we only use a switch to do it, we don't hit our children with our hands. It doesn't take but a couple to get their attention and then you won't have to do it again for a very long time. We are firm believers in discipline and that is not the "Popular" answer for most, but we want our children to be respectful and obedient. Believe me.....they are very strong willed and are very open and outgoing, but they are welcomed anywhere and everywhere we go, because their behavior is great. Do what you think is best for you and your child.

Answer by prissymommy at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If your child is in this age range as listed then you need to sit down and have a one on one. Find out they are acting out in this manner and what's really going on.
    Good Luck!

Answer by Mz_Lady1978 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Your baby learns how to treat you from YOU! I recommend a parenting class to get a perspective on how YOU can be in control of the relationship (while he is young!). It doesn't come naturally so no shame in learning, we all have to do it!

Answer by manna1qd at 7:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2008