what all did u do while wating for contractions too get stronger ?

i been having contractions today alot stronger than usually what did u do too make them stronger or what did u do while waiting too go to hospital how long did it take from the time u started having contractions to know when to head for the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Went for a walk. Then we had sex and took a nap. When I woke up and things were a bit stronger I took a shower and got last minute things together for the hospital.

The when they were strong enough that I had to concentrate I took a bath, walked around, used gravity to move things along. I went to the hospital when contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart for an hour or so.

From my first contractions to the time I arrived at the hospital it was about 7-8 hours but that was my first baby so things could be different for you.
    Anonymous

• My hospital was an hour and a half away...so, i was riding in the car to the hospital, then in my room for the rest of the time. It was only 7 hours from first contraction till birth though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My last baby I started having contractions at 10 at night. I tried to rest and hopefully fall asleep. The pain just got worse and they got closer so I got up and walked around. I also made sure I had everything in my hospital bag. I kept waiting because I knew my dh was tired from work all day and we had to drive 2 hours to the hospital so I could have a vbac. t 2 am I couldnt handle it anymore so I woke him up and said its time they were 15 min apart consistantly and I knew we had a long drive.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• great question I am doing the same thing!! Good luck to you I have been doing house work hoping my water will break!
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 1:48 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Get a really funny movie and drink some raspberry leaf tea. It tones the uterus and can make labor progress more quickly as well as reduce your post partum bleeding.

By the time your funny movie is over the contraction will likely be stronger. Take a shower both for comfort and just to feel fresh. Labor is a lot of work and you don't want to go into a sweaty situation all sweaty so to speak. :)

Pack things for the hospital that aren't already packed (like your tooth bursh and shampoo) and make sure the baby's room is all ready. Time will pass before you know it and you'll be getting close to transition. Then you ca head to the hospital.
    Anonymous

• I had braxton hicks for a long time then one night they just got a little stronger...around 9pm, by 11pm I was headed to the hospital.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• to help make them stronger you can go on a walk...as for what to do while waiting...just watch tv,eat,make sure you have everything. I mean tehres not much you really can do except...just wait...ya know.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:50 PM on May. 15, 2009