Do I tip? How much? For free services....

Got a gift certificate for wash, cut and style for mothers day... so, do I tip and how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes you do tip. Tip about 20% of the actual cost of the services.

Answer by Bmat at 1:50 PM on May. 15, 2009

• well I'm a cosmetologist, and it's kinda like when you get a gift card to a resturant, you arent actually paying for it so you usually tip more than usual. So if you getting a shampoo, cut, and style...that was usually 40 dollars at my salon I'd say tip like 15 to 20 bucks. Hope that helps! Enjoy your new do!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I say it depends on the service and how the salon is. The more upscale the salon, the more you tip. If you loved the service, you tip better.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• wash cut and style, id tip about 10, maybe 15 if it was realllllly good!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Call me cheap, but I don't see any reason to tip $20 to anyone. If it only takes them an hour to do your hair, why would you tip someone more than your own hourly wage? Now if you are downtown uptown and getting a hollywood-do, that might be diff.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:23 AM on May. 16, 2009