How do I get my SO to get off the couch

All weekend all he wants to do is sit on the couch and watch tv, this drives me crazy, even if I do have something planned for us to do as a family he never wants to do it, or if we go he complains the whole time, I talked to him about it and he says its because he works hard all week and wants to sleep or relax, he doesn't do nothing after work on the week days but sleep and that just drives me nuts. I want to start doing more things with my son, Also if I decide to go without him it turns into a big old fight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• wow if you go and do it because he dosent want to he fghts with you. Thats odd. I say offer that he come with you or be involved in the activity and if he dosent want to go anyways. Dont argue about it. Just say wow you missed out on a great time. It does take 2 to argue, he will eventually come around or not and if not you and your child are having a good time.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When I was overworking all I wanted to do on weekends and on weeknights was to sleep or lie around, so probably I get where he's coming from. It may well be that he is exhausted and truly does need to rest. He should get a physical exam to rule out other conditions, just in case. How about seeing if he will agree to do one thing a week with the family. Go for a picnic on Saturday? Fine. or shop for a birthday present? fine. Just one thing. Express your concern to him. Word it as your concern, not a fault of his- that would cause him to lose face-, say you and the children would love for him to do things as a family, could he see it clear to do one thing a week, even just an hour, maybe, but hopefully a morning or afternoon or evening. Speak gently, don't make it seem that he is at fault. Say you all love him and want to do things with him.

Answer by Bmat at 2:02 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Flip the couch over.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:39 PM on May. 15, 2009