My hubby parks me in every night- is this a control issue?

My hubby parks his car in front of the garage when he gets home fr. work. He told me in the winter it was cause he doesnt have to scrap the wind sheild if the car is close to the garage. He still does it in the spring and the summer. I have to ask him to move his car every time I want to go out. He gets mad that he has to move it, and says A minor curse word. I have to call him sometimes if I am out to tell him not to park in front of garage, so I can get back in when I get home, and that makes him mad. WHY does he do this???? Is this a control issue???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• i would have to say its a control issue. he wants you to stay home when he is home ..... not good
    aidensmommy18_2

Answer by aidensmommy18_2 at 2:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You've talked about it enough. Why put yourself through the stress of an argument every time. You know how it's going to turn out every time. Just move his car to the side of the road when you go out. Don't even talk about it any more. He's not going to like his car on the side of the road, so he'll start doing something different.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I am thinking it is just a habit. If you haven't already. Some quiet time, tell him that you have a concern about where his car is parked. (Don't indicate that he parked it there, just say where the car is parked. - this helps to keep him from losing face.) Say that sometimes you need to get out quickly and you don't like to bother him about moving the car. Maybe even ask him what can we do about this concern- ask him for a solution. If you don't get the answer you are looking for, ask him to park elsewhere- tell him exactly where.

Answer by Bmat at 2:08 PM on May. 15, 2009

• trade him spots
    Anonymous

• So your saying you do not have a key to his car?? See I have a key to both vehicle and he does to..So if my DH did that I would just go out and move his out of my way.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• its not control. he's just selfish
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:34 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It sounds like it is especially if he gets upset you ask him to move cant you park on the street till he gets home than pull in behind him.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:35 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I dont think its a control issue, probably more of a habit.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:42 PM on May. 15, 2009

• oh yeah. He does not want you to go out too much. Does not want to be told to move . Been there done that.
    Anonymous

• It's a territorial issue. He likes that spot.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on May. 15, 2009