practicing Christians: do ever feel brainwashed into believing?

What has kept your faith strong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nope. Never felt brainwashed. What keeps my faith strong is God never forsaking, always being faithful to His word,and His promises,and answering every prayer I have. God pouring out His grace and mercy on me daily. Forgiving without question or ever reminding me again, and just knowing how much He loves me,and how much Jesus gave up for me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• never felt brainwashed. i could see past a lot of the stupid ideas others tried to make me believe. im not sure what makes my faith strong tho.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I've never felt brainwashed, because I know that I don't have to believe exactly as the mainstream do. I can ask questions, study, come to different conclusions. I stay strong through the relationship I have with God, and I grow deeper in that relationship with Him, through love and through study.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:28 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have never felt brainwashed. I grew up in a home where my mom didnt practice christianity even at a young age I knew I should I would even pray and read the bible.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I used to feel brainwashed when I was a christian but 2mothershelpers finally got something right, the truth did set me free. Christianity is very against free thought (as are most established religions of course) so there is a hefty amount of brain washing going on.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nope.

My faith always stressed "finding out for ourselves," that is gaining our own testimony through our personal study and prayer, not just eating up what church leaders said.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Someone want to tell me the "truth" about Noah's ark? How DID he fit two (or seven) of every one of the 30 million species of animals on earth into an ark barely the size of the Titanic? How can you hear stories like this and not go "Whoa! I don't think so." ? The only possible answer is brainwashing!! This has been the answer to every religion's power for thousands of years. It's the key!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• witchqueen, i personally think that if the ark really happened, it was local animals only, and probably domestic at that...
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Witchqueen...you've been brainwashed.
    Anonymous