All Faiths - Psychic Gifts (Because I'm Bored, LOL)

Psychic powers.

Do you have any?

If you're a Christian, Jew, or Muslim, what do you think of them? Do you believe they come from God or something else?

If you're a non Christian (Pagans, Witches, Buddhists, Pastafarian, etc) do you have any? Do you use them to tune into nature during ritual/spell work/prayer?

If you're non of the above (atheist, agnostic), do you believe they exist, or do you think it's all a load of hooey? Do you have any?

I am asking this question for a very personal reason, and am very curious about others thoughts and responses.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:10 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In the Christian world we call that the gift of prophesy, and/or the gift of discernment...and yes, they are considered gifts from God.

I do have the gift of discernment, which for me, is a spiritual feeling when something is right or wrong about a statement, or a person, or a place. It's hard to describe, but I do think it's a gift from God because it grows weaker or stronger depending on how devout I'm being at the time.

Anonymous

• Prophetic gifts come from God.. Psychic gifts do not come from God. There is a difference.
    Anonymous

• I consider it all a load of crap
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 2:34 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Actually there is no difference. It all comes from the same source... GOD, um, because GOD is all there is.

I'm Gnostic Christian and I can't say that I have any gifts. I have heard and seen spirit from time to time. It's not anything that I have been able to "get control of". But I've heard spirit during meditation and I knew the exact moment that my grandmother crossed over to The Other Side because I saw her spirit go. I've met some wonderfully clairvoyant people in recent years and I absolutely believe everything they do is absolutely for their love of GOD. I know most mainstream Christians would disagree but that alright with me.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:04 PM on May. 15, 2009

• jenettyshome, I think you are a stronger psychic then you think you are, you just need to work on your gifts. I am an empath (I pick up on emtions). It gets to be a pain sometimes if a spirit or ghost is near me and I can't figure out where the emotion is coming from. I am a Gnostic as well, and think we all start out with that same conection with the other side, just some of us lose it the older we get because we are told it's not real. It's not from the "devil." It is just that some of us have a better connection to the other side then others do, and we all still have a bit of psychic in us, no matter how much we deny it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:28 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was able to see ghosts and other spirits as a child. When I was a christian, my husband and I moved into our first home and it contained two very negative ghosts. One of them talked to me, crying because the other spirit--a male who had been her bf/husband--had imprisoned her in the basement bathroom and left her to die. The male spirit attempted often to frighten me and loved the darkness of the panty and the garage. I asked my elders at the church what I should do to get these spirits to move on. Needless to say they had NO answers. So I had to find my answers myself. The female spirit finally moved on, after I spent several years trying to convince her that she was dead and that he couldn't hurt her anymore. I believe in what has happened to me. And that, sometimes, you have to think outside the church to find your answers.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I saw things as a kid, I dream things as an adult. But I don't dwell on them or try to figure out why. For whatever reason it happens, my figuring out "why" won't change it. I've never been much interested in exploring Seidh, so maybe there are answers there and I haven't looked.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Thanks, Ashley. Yes, I've been told that before that I just need to spend more time on it. But with four kids that's not always easy. So I take what I can. :)
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 4:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I saw things as a child and on occasion I still see things. The difference between then and now is I know what I am seeing now. I may have some psychic energy, but as jennetyshome mentioned with four kids around it's hard to develop it into anything useful.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure what you'd call it.... but sometimes I feel when things happen.

For example, I was driving one day & burst into tears for no reason. I knew something was wrong with a particular person... but I didn't know what. I didn't even know where this person was at the time. Several months later while talking with him, I found out that on that day at about that time he was hospitalized with severe kidney stones.

I also felt my uncle die... I felt him pass through me. About a 1/2 hr later, I got the call. At his service, he stood at my left shoulder for a while, too. Can't explain how I know this, I just do.

My youngest son saw "things" (ghosts, spirits, whatever you want to call them) when he was younger. He seems to have grown out of it. My daughter, too, sometimes sees/hears things that others don't.

I have no control of it, it's just sort of random. I hope to study it, though, in the near future.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:48 PM on May. 15, 2009