Do you ever notice when you check the profile of a question poster...?

Sometimes I check a question poster's profile to try to get more information or a better understanding of the question they are asking. Sometimes the information on their profile seems to contradict the information in their question. For instance, the number, age(s), and or gender(s) of their children on their profile do not agree to the information in their question. Does anyone else ever notice this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have with only one other member once it was brought to everyone's attention.
    Then several of us looked at previous questions she had asked and she had used so much of a mish-mash of information that was different from each other and from her profile it was like reading something from "Sybil."
    She was my only encounter.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• yep sure have
    Anonymous

• I haven't done it here but I've noticed it on other boards. One woman had a 5 year old boy who turned 7 the next year and 11 the year after that. I sometimes wondered if she really had a kid at all because the stuff she said was always a little off, didn't seem like she actually had any mom experience.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I haven't notice it here- haven't looked. People can be anything online. One site I used to belong to there was a member who gave this big sob story, the moderator of the forum swallowed it and collected money to send to the person. It turned out that it was a hoax, a scam.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have noticed it several times. I thought maybe they were just confused or having a hard time expressing themselves, but form your stories I am beginning to realize that there are a lot of less than honest people online!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• *Beginning* was probably not the right word! I was already aware, but this reminds me to be careful online!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have noticed. I usually check if there are tons of type-o's or the question just seems ignorant. I am always curious to see how old they are. and I am not usually surprised by what I see or hear.
    Anonymous