Ways to teach your toddler?

What are some ways that you mommas are teaching your toddlers things....like their letters, colors, shapes, numbers.....I am looking for some different ideas to do to help my 2 year old progress and learn so any ideas would be great! Thanks!!!

LandonsMa0403

Asked by LandonsMa0403 at 2:49 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Everything I can.

When she grabs my nose, I say 'nose'. When she points at things I name them (my cheek, pictures, etc) we read books all the time, its one of her favorite things to do, so instead of reading them word for word I change it up...one time I will identify colors, one time I will identify the animals, ya know. Things like that. Make everything a learning experience.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Song work great. google it and you'll find lots of body part songs, aniamls, colors and number songs. There are great shape songs too. Leap frog has good ones.

Puzzles are good too. You're child will see the object and can feel it so he/she learns on different levels. Consistancy is best. THe more you do it, the more they will learn.

Colors are harder to teach. You need the exact same object wtih different colors so your child will make the distintion of color rather than object. a red apple to an organge orange -- most kids will recognize the fruit rather than the color. But a red circle to a blue circle, the only difference is color.
    Anonymous

• Research shows that children of any age learn best through play activities or by participating in hands on activities. When kids are moving and touching things they are learning about the objects. Keep it fun and don't push her if she is not interested. Learning should be fun and a special time for the two of you to be together. Dancing, singing, playing having FUN learning!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 4:05 PM on May. 15, 2009