What do you cook your family for lunch?

My husband and I just got into an argument because he comes home for lunch every day and I keep food in the house to make dinners, and breakfasts on the weekend, but not really any lunch stuff. My husband is super picky and I don't know what he wants. I keep cans of soup for me and sandwich stuff but he doesn't like either of those. He usually eats leftovers from the night before dinner. But sometimes he doesn't like leftovers and sometimes there's nothing leftover. So what the hell can I feed him that's not soup or sandwiches? We have nachos for dinner all the time, and grilled cheese or quesadillas for lunch a lot and we're sick of it. Oh yeah and he doesn't like tomato sauce and gets heartburn from anything with tomatoes... He is so picky I don't imagine I will find a solution to the problem lol

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 2:54 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cheese and crackers, add a cut up apple and some pickled peppers, yummy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would point him towards the nearest jack in the box.... but that's just me. lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I make my husband's lunch which he eats at work. Normally he has a sandwich (lunch meat and cheese varies), chips (varies), and one of those 100 calorie York Peppermint bars. Sometimes to mix it up he'll have a BLT instead of regular lunch meat. When we have chicken for dinner, I'll make extra and he will make that into chicken salad and then take Ritz crackers. He's allergic to tuna, so chicken salad is like tuna salad for him. If we have leftovers, sometimes he will take that. If he were to ever come home for lunch I would probably say, "this is what I'm having, you can have what you want." Mac and cheese and salad are good lunch foods. I know my husband gets tired of sandwiches all the time, but it saves us money or else he would eat out everyday and it's healthier compared to fast food. Too bad he can't have tomatoes, I make myself little english muffin pizzas for lunch sometimes. They are tasty and easy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:09 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My husbands favorite hot lunch is a baked potatoes topped with chili, or cheddar and brocolli.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have a great list of bagged lunches that I have collected over the years; if you contact me directly, I will be happy to send it to you.
    My daughter either takes a thermos of leftovers, a big salad or a wrap (whole wheat tortillas with hummus and veggies). my spouse takes veggie burgers, mock tuna salad (made with tofu) sandwiches, a thermos of chili.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We usually have salads. Today was spinach salad, some times we do chef salads, taco salads, etc.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Today we had a salad with turkey on it. Other days we have a half of sandwich (no mayo, just mustard spicy or regular) with some carrots, broccoli, etc no ranch to dip in. If you like spicy mustard it is actually really good with carrots dipped in it! It is hard in the beg. to eat like this but it is really good. If you need help just ask :)
    KehoeFamily

Answer by KehoeFamily at 6:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• What do I cook? NOTHING. It is something quick or usually leftovers from the night before. I cook breakfast and dinner. At lunch is my school time lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Umm...Tell him to go to the grocery store and buy what he wants to eat for lunch. We dont eat sandwiches, I just dont like lunch meat, so on the weekends, I will usually make something like hamburger helper for lunch. Something easy.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:10 PM on May. 16, 2009