Kirby vacumes

How did you wind up with one? My DH let a rep in our home on wednesday. At the dinner hour no less. She was there for 2 and a half hours. Talk about over kill. I was very impressed with how it did, but 2 grand? So my DH started to barter and we got them down to $800 bucks, still too much for a vac. I did not like the fact that the price was cut in half and the high presure sales tactics. They also gave my DH a can of air freshener for his time and when we didn't buy they took it! I would love to have that vacume because of the job it does but ,I felt like the sales team...all 3 of them, including one who barely spoke English were part of some sort of cult or something. Ya know, sell at all costs! What made you buy one? Was your experience the same. Why do they start so expensive if they are willing to cut the price in half if not more?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:57 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you'll visit the thrift stores you will see they are filled with Kirby's. They suck, but not in a good way.
    Anonymous

• the sleazy kirby salesmen were on dateline a few weeks ago almost everyone settled at a price of $800 lol My friend was suckered into one a month ago but paid $1,500. I just don't let them into my house it's kinda like mormon missionaries they're hard to get rid of.
    Anonymous

• Kirbys are good vacuums, not the best, but good. Their sales reps, customer service and everything else about them suck harder than a Kansas wind in tornado season.

I love my Dyson. I paid a lot for it..but it is an extraordinary vacuum.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Just to see who will actually by one.
    Did they get on the phone and spoke to their top person and said something about their commision that they really don't care if they lose it they really want to sell this vacuum cleaner.
    I mean seeing is believing but thank goodness our credit wasn't too good or else we probably would have been the first suckers....lol We had the cash 1,000. but we told them we decided to wait it did not feel right after them being there for soooooooooo loooonnnnggggggg. I was ready to kick them out. They were very professional and demenstrated very well. But we ended up with a "Riccar" it is the closest to the Kirby we paid 700.00 I would recommend the "Riccar" no attachments just the vacuum cleaner and it does just as great of a job as the Kirby. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I bought one but i got less then 800 our friend works for kirby so we got a REALLY good deal... i love it!
    MoMmYtObEtO1

Answer by MoMmYtObEtO1 at 3:19 PM on May. 15, 2009