ALONE: 26 weeks and cramping in back and lower abdomen

i dont know if i should call anyone? I am alone, and my family is on vacation and i have no car, is this normal or should i find a ride to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call the doctor and get his opinion. It could be braxton hicks contractions or premature labor. Hopefully not the second! I would call someone and see if they can be ready to come get you in case something does happen.
    jody1130

Answer by jody1130 at 3:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I just got home from my 28 week appointment today and my doctor asks me EVERY time if I have had any cramping or bleeding. He told me if I do start having cramps to call him. So I'm going to tell you the same thing. Just call your doc or go to your hospital go up to the Labor and Delivery floor. Don't go to the ER cause they will just make you sit there and wait and end up sending you to Labor and Delivery probably anyways. It is probably nothing but there must be a reason why my doc told me to call him if I am having cramps so if I was you I would just call and see what they say. It's not going to hurt anything to call and just have them check you out.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i think u shoud , at least u have to check and make sure everything is ok
    fire

Answer by fire at 3:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Have you tryed to lay down and relax? How long has it been going on? Is there any bleeding or do you think your water broke? we need to know to help you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Take a bath, drink some water put your feet up and rest for an hour or so if you dont feel I better I would find a ride and be seen better to be safe than sorry.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Cramping is normal. If you're not spotting, and your "cramps" don't follow a pattern then you're fine
    Anonymous

• problem is i am alone with no car-im not sure if i am panicing or somthing i should be worried about
    Anonymous

• Just call your doc first and see if they want you to come in. If they do is there any way you can get a ride?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:21 PM on May. 15, 2009

• no bleeding, and they arnt in any type of pattern but they are coming and going as the please- no water breakege thta i can tell but i do have a yeast infection i think...not sure, but i thnk.
    Anonymous

• Can you get a taxi? A neighbor to drive you? It is probably nothing- have you been working extra hard or walking a lot, perhaps? But rather than worry at least call your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 3:22 PM on May. 15, 2009