Did you hear how John McCain's mom Let Limbaugh have it?

That lady is a little firestorm at her age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• She is a great lady,smart and very alert for her age.
    Anonymous

• Nope I did not hear that.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• What?!? John McCains MOTHER is still alive? What is she, like a hundred and twenty?
    Anonymous

• Runs in the family... I love it!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nice to see there is one Republican with the balls to stand up to that blowhard.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• She said Limbaugh doesn't represent the Republican Party that she belongs to, but I am not sure anyone belongs to the Republican Party that any of the McCains belong to! Oh wait, yeah there are a bunch of them - they are called RINOs and now Meghan McCain has picked up the torch and is trying to lead the pack. Republicans who try to make the party the Democrat Lite Party are why people are running from it like crazy. The Republican Party is supposed to be conservative, as in against out of control federal government. No one wants a counterfeit Democratic Party. The originals of both parties are bad enough at the moment. They need to find their principals.

Still at 97, good for her that she is sharp minded and sharp tongued - regardless of her politics. Rush is a big boy and can take care of himself.

TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 4:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Republicans are supposed to be conservatives? Are Democrats supposed to be Liberal? Do you know that there is a difference between Rep. and Con., and Dem. and Lib.? By the looks of things, you obviously dont.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• AT 98 she sure is a little spit-fire, and y'all thought McCain was a Dinosaur! LOL MCain's mom will probably outlive Obama.
    Anonymous

• BEXi - I am very familiar with the history of the parties. Republicans represent the so-called "right" and Democrats represent the so-called "left". In other countries the same party struggles are being fought under different names. At the far right of the political spectrum lies 100% anarchy and at the far left lies 100% totalitarianism. The Founding Fathers of this country placed us as close to anarchy as possible while still maintaining laws, order and civility - as little government as was necessary to do the trick. Conservatives thus want to "conserve" the original form and spirit of U.S. government, and that has been the tradition of the Republican Party - at least in rhetoric. I did not even mention the term liberal. I merely spoke of traditional conservativism, which you may or may not understand, I don't know based on our brief exchange, just as you really had no basis to judge the scope of my knowledge.
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 4:40 PM on May. 15, 2009

• At the most basic level, liberal and conservative relate to each party's views on government. In both parties there are those who are socially conservative and socially liberal. There are those who are economic conservatives or economic liberals in each party. There are those who drink liberally or conservatively in each party for that matter! : ) My primary point was that few in politics seem to be standing on any kind of principal. They believe and promote whatever gets them elected and then do whatever they want without regard to the people, because we are distracted by the wrong things – namely each other.

On boards just like these on hundreds of sites, people are fighting with each other, calling people they do not know names, making snarky comments and saying things more hateful than I have heard from the mouths of Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olbermann, Michael Savage or Rachel Maddow combined.
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 4:41 PM on May. 15, 2009