My husband doesn't thinks its possible

to dialate and go into labor on my own this second time around. Only because I didn't w/ my son. I keep telling him that yes I can go into labor on my own this time, and not have to wait for the scheduled section date. And that every pregnancy is different. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are correct. You can go into labor all on your own this time. Every pregnancy is a new start. Could be the same or could be completely different. Husbands they think they know it all. LOL. I kid. Im sure he tries to understand. But yes you can go into labor on your own this time around.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with you. Every pregnancy is different. My older brother was a late baby and I was several months early! lol. All you can do is wait and see.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Probably just my hormones talking...but I really don't think men should voice their opinions on matters like these. Have they or will they ever experience being pregnant? no. Tell him that until he concieves, goes thru the nine months and delivers, he should trust what you tell him and understand that anything is possible in pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Right on, Anon! Men *think* they know more than we do - I had to explain several things like this to my husband when I was pregnant. I really have no idea where he was getting his information from; I just know he was wrong!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:34 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Every pregnancy IS different. You are right. And I also agree with Anon but not in the same somewhat angry way haha, that men just have a hard time understanding things that they won';t ever experience so until he turns himself into a woman carrying a child, I would tell him to shush. First pregnancies are almost ALWAYS very different than the following pregnancies. Once your body goes through something once, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, time it is going to be more familiar with the process which is usually why the 1st birth is always the most difficult, because your body is in uncharted waters.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:34 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Anon back (:
    Yes, I sound angry because I'm so tired of SO telling me how I feel and that things are normal. He's not a doctor, nor has he gone through it and when I tell him something is wrong he tries to tell me that it's from something that makes NO sense and gets mad when I say i need to go to the doc or hospital.

Last time for example. I was cramping. He said it was the baby kicking me too hard. He delayed taking me to the hospital for 2 hours...

got there, admitted right away. I was in labor at 20 weeks and had lost amniotic fluid. I am on bedrest now.

it's just aggravating. they think they know it all...and i just want him to shut up when it comes to this stuff.
    Anonymous

• I think your husband has never had a baby lol
    Anonymous

• Oh okay well I understand where that anger is coming from now. Tell him to shut up when he tries to tell you what's going on! Haha I would! I'm glad my fiance sits there like a deer in headlights when my doc is talking to me. He knows better than to open his mouth.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:40 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My husband thinks he knnows alot and he does because he was working in labor and delivery for a while. So he does know alot hes a nurse but even if its nothing thats going on with me he frekis out and is ready to throw me in the car and take me in to be safe. lol This is our first so there is alot i dont get but i got a good idea lol. I just think its funny how my SO knows alot about it but when it comes to it being me he dosnt care what usualy happens I had BH and he wanted to take me in right away lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i had a cesarian the first time around. i never started labor on my own. since then i have had two very succesful vbacs(vaginal birth after cesarian)!! i went into labor on my own both times and didnt have to have any medical intervention!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:56 PM on May. 15, 2009