friend or wanna be something else.

Now I hope this is appropriate for this site, but I need some female insight with this one. O.k., now I'm 33 yrs. old, and I have a home girl I use to work with but we ended up becoming homies. I've known her for 4 years now. She's 50 yrs. old, and not married. Now, for like the past few months, she seem to get attitudes with me when I don't wanna ride with her, and today we were going to check on a job cleaning houses. She knew that my guy friend( we're not dating) was gonna go with us because we need his man power, plus she asked him to come help us clean. But, I had to go to my daughters school and take her some sanitary napkins before we left to check on the house. She got so upset, stating that she was gonna have to drive all the way there alone. And she tried to cancel to trip out there, stating that we could just wait. And, she hung up the phone in my face. I couldn't believe it! Plz. tell me what you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Homegirl and homies? lol
    Anonymous

• tell her straight up that your not going to deal with drama because it is LAME! If she is 50, she should be old enough to not act like a teenager. You don't have to be rude, just say " i can't deal with you making a big deal out of small things" She may just be feeling sensitive for whatever reason, don't drop the friendship, just let her know that yo don't like the way she behaves sometimes. Of she wants to drop the friendship because of that, then that's HER problem not yours. You have to lay down ground work when letting friends in your life, similar to when starting a relationship. If you don't do it now, then she'll continue behaving the way she does.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i don't really know she's acting really weird maybe she's just lonely and doesn't have much contact.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Um, yeah. Okay.
    Anonymous