WHAT DO CONTRACTIONS FEEL LIKE?

I AM 35 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD. WITH MY 4 YEAR I DIDN;T HAVE CONTRACTIONS, SO I DON;T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO FEEL. I HAVE LOWER STOMACH PAINS AND I FEEL LIKE A WATERMELON IS SITTING ON MY HIPS. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doc told me that your belly will shape into a ball type and your baby could have dropped also. it is different with some women I guess though that is what I have been told. Some say they hurt and some say they don't
    Anonymous

• Imagine having to poo really bad and holding it, or cramps during that time of the month. That cramping feeling that you get that comes and goes. It's kind of like that, but a lot stronger.
    Anonymous

• Braxton Hicks contractions are painless but sometimes uncomfortable. They feel like someone is rolling a rolling pin over your stomach with a bit of pressure and then go away. They're inconsistent.

Labor contractions have sort of a similar feel, however, it's more like something is wrapped around you squeezing you. They get closer together and more severe as time passes. If you're water hasn't broken, you may not feel much pain with these either but they should hurt worse than the practice contractions (braxton hicks). A lot of women have a feeling of period-like cramps with them.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When i had them the other day my lower back hurt super bad and i had cramps that were wraping around my side down into my lower abdomen then i felt alot of pressure in my pelvic area. Mine were consistant for almost 24 hours before i went in and they gave me a shot to stop them. i was only 31 wks. But thats how it was for me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Labor pains to me felt like diarrhea cramps times 100, with a tremendous pressure "down there".

imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 4:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• braxton hicks it feels like you're tensing up your stomache muscles, like flexing, but its not you doing it, it just does it on its own. your belly gets all hard and it doesnt hurt when i get them but sometimes it makes it hard to keep walking or a little hard to breath. real contractions, you'll know em when you get them. theres no mistake about that! lol theres not a lot of describing possible cuz it feels like nothing else. its not a pain thats comprable to stabbing or cramping or anything ive ever felt befor. but its worth every second and if you remember to breath through it its really not as bad as hollywood makes it. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:11 PM on May. 15, 2009