urgent care doc

ok so i took my DD to the urgent care yesterday
cuz she was wezzing
well the doc said everything was fine then asked how much i was feeding her
well my DD is 2 months and 3 weeks
she eats 6 oz
the doc said that was way to much and to feed her 4 oz every 2 hours
but her normal doc said 6 oz is fine and if i feed her 4 oz she is still hungry and crys
so should i listen to the urgent care doc or just blow it off????????
cuz like i said if my DD dont get 6 oz she crys till i feed her the extra 2 oz

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 4:05 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't listen to an urgent care doctor on infant feedings. your daughter is eating just fine. my daughter was 6 weeks when she started eating 6 oz. that is what filled her up. 4 oz. did nothing for her. feed her what SHE is happy with!! you are doing fine.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i hope they at least did something for the wheezing? I know you said that the doc said she was fine but I would take her to HER doctor and make sure she is not coming down with bronchitis or has asthma.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:08 PM on May. 15, 2009

• feed that baby.i feed my kids til they are full and if your doc says its ok then its ok because every doc is going to have a different opinion.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 4:09 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My son was taking 6 ozs every 3 hours or so when he was 3 weeks old haha. Its completely fine. He is 6 months now and still on 6 ozs but now only every 4 hours or so. Urgent care docs arent specific on one type of training, so probably doesn't know what hes talking about.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 4:09 PM on May. 15, 2009