took a tumble

i was walking with a friend on our lunch break and my ankle gave out and i totally ate it right there on the sidewalk. i managed to turn to the side to avoid hitting my belly (oh btw im 29 weeks, but i look 39 weeks lol) and anyway i landed on my hip, and elbow, and palms of my hands. no scrapes, no bruises, except on my ego haha, but now, 40 minuits later my back is starting to ache and my shoulder on the side i fell on. ill be ok, right? i dont have to go get checked out for just a little fall right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are having back pain I would suggest that you go see a doctor and make sure everything is okay. have you felt the baby move lately since your fall?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i would at least call the doc and see what they think.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 4:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i agree its best to get checked out just in case. it dosnt hurt to go and make sure. but at least you were able to turn yourself i can never think that fast lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• he has moved since thank goodness. i just cant get into the dr for sure cuz we're super short staffed right now and i know they wouldnt let me leave.
    Anonymous

• they have to let you leave. they cannot force you to stay. if it means losing your job, then so be it. Which is more important to you?? that is what you need to ask yourself. If you think something may be wrong, then you NEED to go to dr. think about the back pain, is it sore or is it spasming?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• yes make a phone call at least.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• its just sore, not spasming. its my shoulder thats bothering me more than anything. and its easy to say screw the job when you're not thinknig about your already unemployed spouse, and other baby at home in your house that has a mortgage due still.
    Anonymous

• I don't care how short we ever were at work if it had to do with the welfare of my child i dropped everything. So let me ask you this if your child falls and hit there head and your short at work are you gonna make him/her wait till your done with work? Im not trying to be a bitch im just trying to make you realize that NOTHING should ever come before your child. GO TO THE DOCTORS OR CALL YOUR DOCTOR and see what they have to say.
    Anonymous

• You know what honey, I agree that you should call your doctor, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary that you rush out to the ER. If the doctor does want you to come in tell them it will have to be after work, and if they aren't open then and still think you should be seen then head over to the ER for a quick look. If you have a baby at home you know what a contraction is like, and would probably recognize the pain in your back as early labor over just the angle of your fall pulling a muscle wrong. I am sure you are okay, make sure you aren't spotting and maybe even take a Tylenol but don't worry too much.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 4:28 PM on May. 15, 2009

• well I am sorry for upsetting you I just wouldn't think twice about a job when the life of my unborn child could be at stake. I do understand though, what you are saying. I am unable to work so I am a SAHM. My husband works full time at a very dangerous job. If he were to lose this job then we would not have any other job. I have two beautiful and healthy children. two in which I was not supposed to have. I had a miscarriage with my first child. I was 20 weeks pregnant and it tore my life upside down. I, as you, got hurt at work. The midwife I went to see said everything was fine. (I saw her three days later) However, my baby was not fine. She had passed away the day I had my accident. That is why I was stressing you go to your doctor because I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else. I know in this econ. it is hard to come by a job. Sorry I upset you.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:29 PM on May. 15, 2009