Your opinion on mirena?

I was just wondering how many likes it and dislike it? And why? What are the side-effects?

melissa0425

Asked by melissa0425 at 4:24 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• I love it it's the only side-effects i ever had was slit headaches and i bleed for about a month after i got it put in. I have had it for 10 months and had some spotting twice and it was like a day or so. My DH can feel it once in a while when we have sex and he can feel the strings to but hey we don't want another child so he deals with it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i pretty much like mine. every so often i will feel it, like a scratch you just cant itch! i think it is the reason i have had more trouble getting off the baby weight this time. i wondered if it was making me a little more emotional, but that could just be normal after baby emotions.
    it is nice not having to remember to take a pill.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I like it, but if I had to do it over again I would go with the paragard IUD. They are more expensive though. I gained a lot of weight with mine, and I HATE all the hormones! But I don't have to remember birth control.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I like mine, however it has caused an ovarian cyst that is the size of a golf ball. and it hurts like hell. I do like the fact that I don't have to take a pill. Since I have a family history of ovarian cancer, they have to remove my cyst and biopsy it(fingers crossed it is benign)...and I have had the IUD for a little over a year and I stopped having my period as of 2 months ago. but it did lighten my period tremendously and the cramps as well.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I love mine. But they are not for everyone. The nice thing is if it isn't for you then you can have it removed.
    I had spotting for the first four months, now 14 months later I have very light periods. I did have some acne, but it cleared up.
    My dh and I are going at it like bunnies because there is no chance to get pregnant. I would recommend it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• A diaphram is completely safe, hormone free, and totally without side effects.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2009