Do women realize that when they use most artificial birth control, their husbands find them less attractive?

When a woman is ovulating she is found to be more attractive to men. Something about the pheromones, hormones, or something like that... So that is why many women, who are on ABC and don't ovulate, are always wondering why their husbands don't want to have sex anymore.

Nature is beautiful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• i hadn't noticed... but i don't use ABC ;)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I've never heard that before. I don't think any of that really affects my husband, what he wants doesn't depend on the time of the month!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I seriously doubt it Hon. Go elsewhere to stir the pot.
    Anonymous

• Are you a freakin' idiot? You've got it WAY wrong. Husbands don't want to have sex anymore b/c we women tend to make them think that we feel it's a "chore" or a responsibility, and THAT's not a turn-on, so they stop trying.
    I've been on birth control (Mirena) for 5 months now (since we had our daughter) and we have MORE sex than we did before I got pregnant! He says he's more attracted to me knowing that we can't "screw up" this time, LoL!
    Nature is beautiful, but do we all need 14 kids like Octo-mom? I'm not trying to overpopulate the earth like the damn Catholics...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 4:40 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't ovulate on my own even without BC and my hubby never had any problems with him wanting to do me!
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 4:40 PM on May. 15, 2009

• lol I agree with Kassey
    Anonymous

• The women didn't wear perfumes, use deodorants, eat spicy or smelly foods, smoke, drink alcohol or use hormonal contraceptives such as the pill. Body odor was collected during three phases: menstrual (at the beginning); follicular (between the first day of menstruation and the onset of ovulation); and luteal (the fertile stage).

"The fresh pads were subsequently rated for their attractiveness and intensity by a group of 42 men," Havlieek told LiveScience.

The most attractive smells, men said, were from the time between the first day of menstruation and ovulation.
    http://www.livescience.com/health/060118_armpit_odor.html

This one is kind of funny, but it is one of many studies. Google it, I wouldn't "stir the pot".
    Anonymous

• I think men like the fact that when women are on birth control, they can have sex naturally without having to wrap their friend down south.

Anonymous

• Well I guess she's a plethora of useless information huh?lol
    Anonymous

• it is actually a proven fact that men find women more attractive when they are ovulating. I saw the whole test on Good Morning America(I believe it was) so this person is right....when some women ovulate there skin has a certain glow, their voices has a slight change in it.

However, it is not true for every woman. I have had the IUD Mirena for a little over a year now and my sex life with my husband has actually gotten much much better.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:47 PM on May. 15, 2009