what is the longest time that u can be dialating 1 cm. before you go into labor?

Im preagnet with my 3rd baby... im 29 weeks and i went to the e.r. because i thought my water had broken but the doctor said that im dialating 1cm. most of the people i know have told me that its more common for me to have a premature baby.. especialy because my 2nd baby was premature..

ROMINA21

Asked by ROMINA21 at 4:36 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can be dilated 1 cm for weeks. A friend of mine was like that for a month in a half before she went into labor.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• being dilated a cm means absolutely nothing about when you'll go into labour.

but, having had a premature baby before will increase your risk a little bit... just try to take things easy :) well, as easy as possible with 2 other children to care for!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was dilated to 3 for 4 weeks. believe it or not. I hope they told you to take it easy and stay off your feet as much as possible.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was dialated to 4 cm for weeks before my due date, and I went to term. I was at a 6 a week before I had my last baby. Being dialated doesn't mean you're going into labor.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Being dilated does'nt mean a thing i was 4 cm dilated for almost two months and still had to induced. Yes you should be taking it easy, yes it is hard when you have two children. But, make sure you DH is helping you as much as possible. Congrats on the new one, GL.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:51 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It can be months... with my second baby I was 3 cms dilated for about a month before she was born. That being said, with a history of preterm labour and only being 29 weeks they should monitor you closely because you want to give that little one more time to cook before birth.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:54 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was dilated 2 1/2-3 cm and 70% effaced for 2-3 weeks.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was dialated 1cm at 29 weeks. I spent the next 5 weeks in and out of the hospital with preterm labor. I delivered at 34 weeks.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:40 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i would rest...get someone else to do the housework. you shouldn't vacuum or climb stairs...and shouldn't lift anything more than 10 pounds...because you may have another premature baby. just take care of yourself and get family and friends to help you with your other children. good luck and i hope you go to full-term.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• preagnet? should you be having kids without knowing how to spell?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:42 PM on May. 15, 2009