would you have your daughter wear corduroy dresses in the summer?

My Daughter has like 5 corduroy dresses, they look summery but I'm not too crazy about the material or don't even know if she should wear them in the summer. we live in Nor California and it gets pretty hot! what do you think? yes... no

rod2005

Asked by rod2005 at 4:59 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No the martarial is to heavy i think.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the style. If they are overall type, with no sleeves, then yes, if she wants. Just wear a light undershirt (or if young enough no undershirt). If they have sleeves, then it would depend on how long they are. Some courderoy is lighter than others, so it would ultimately depend on the style and where she'll be (inside most of the day where it's air conditioned or outside). If she's old enough to choose, let her and then let her decide if she gets too hot.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 5:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Not in Chicago

Answer by rkoloms at 5:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• some corduroy fabric is thinner than others! if it's thick stripes, than no, I wouldnt have her wear it
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Maybe not to play outside, but to just run to the store or something I think it would be fine :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Hiya! I'm over here in LA county....and the word is ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! The entire summer they are dressed in cotton shorts (they have CUTE ones at gap kids) and tee shirt/tanks (again, super cute ones at Gap). Or their swimsuits......My personal summer mantra is MAKE IT EASY AND BREEZY!! Because as you know.....hot uncomfortable kids are UNHAPPY kids!
    2princesses1mom

Answer by 2princesses1mom at 6:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Kids that don't get to wear the clothes they want aren't to pleasant either! *L* However I think an overall type is fine for summer w/a littl ecap sleeve tee.Some cor. is thicker than otherss tick w/ the thinnest she has. If she's running around in her bathing suit and u nees to run to the store throw that bad boy on her. If she gets too hot she'll let u know!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 2:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I would think that they are to hot to wear
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 8:29 AM on May. 16, 2009

• maybe with a super light tank top? but probably not... I am origianlly from sacramento and i can't imagine dressing my kids in anything but cotton there. Her dresses might do better up here in washington!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 2:02 PM on May. 16, 2009

• thank you all for the answers. I 'll probably save the thick ones for the winter *am sure they will fit her still) and the lighter ones will probably be for special indoor occassions.
    rod2005

Answer by rod2005 at 2:53 PM on May. 16, 2009