how long can sperm last ? curious

if a man smokes a lot of weed and drinks a lot of alcohol the same day he had sex with someone could it lower sperm count?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• 2 or 3 days?
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 5:04 PM on May. 15, 2009

• NO where did you get that info? Sperm is sperm. It either will do the rest of the job or maybe not. Why would you want to have a child with someone that smokes and drinks alot. I don't allow anyone around my child if there drinking and smokeing.
    Anonymous

• How long it live depnds on sperm count and motility. If both are good, it can live up to 7 days.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 5:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I dont think you should be thinking of having a child with someone that smokes alot of weed and is drinking that much....
    Anonymous

• http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/causes-low-sperm-count.html

That site will tell you all you want to know about sperm count and what can make it be low (Pot and Alcohol can reduce the sperm count up to 50% for 24 hours after consumption)

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• lol...never think that you have a lesser chancem my bf used to drink and smoke before I found out I was pregnant....I was on birth contol as well as combined with his drinking and im about four months pregnant now..
    moodymommy193

Answer by moodymommy193 at 6:44 PM on May. 15, 2009