Teething Rash what can I do ?

my son has a Rash on his chin from all the drooling what can I do? I already wipe it (seems like that all I do) It is warmer now so I have him without a shirt so It doesn't just soak his shirt. He does use a pacifer and I tried taking that away so it would not trap the moisture but then he sucks on his fist and fingers which just makes him drool more and then gag himself which causes him to puke I feel bad for him but what can I do for a rash on his face?

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 5:04 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not much. You could be irritating it by wiping it all the time. Try just dabbing and a little less often. If it isn't bothering him, don't worry about t - it'll pass soon enough.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nipple cream works great! It makes a nice barrier, isn't greasy like vaseline is, is safe for a baby
    We use it on my son everytime he gets a tooth his cheeks get bright red and dry
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I used chap stick around the area, it helped a lot!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:50 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Vasoline or Aquafor helps a bunch - it just creates a barrier, and the Aquafor can also help treat the rash.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:02 PM on May. 15, 2009