Would you make you hubby go?

Ok my DH D for dumb at this point. Says that he does not want to go to my Aunts memorial service she died yesterday. He said that he went to my grandmoms service in September and can't get why I would want him to go yet again!
This women was like a mom to me and I think he is being selfish!

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 5:05 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Um yes, he's being a complete @$$. He has to go.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Wouldn't you be more miserable dragging along someone who clearly doesn't want to be there? I agree he's being kind of a jerk. He should be there to support you at a sad time. I*f you have to drag him there he won't be any support, and likely cause more upset than it's worth.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I can't believe he is acting like that, she's your aunt for gods sake. Maybe you should explain to him how you feel, because i think he might not understand.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would go without him. I am not going to force my HUSBAND to be supportive. I also wouldn't ask him to come to anything else ever again, maybe after the second or third time he will ask why you didn't invite him.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• yeah he is being a jerk, but maybe part of him doesnt want to go because he doesnt like funerals? if he doesnt want to go, dont force him. but it would be nice if he at least wrote a card, sent flowers or told you to tell everyone he was sorry he couldnt make it and they are in his thoughts!
    Anonymous

• well, thats just mean. he should be there to support you and be a part of the family! but, since he's acting that way- i'd go without him. it might be embarrassing for you to go without him, but you'll only be more stressed if you have to worry about his unhappiness, too.
    i'm sorry for your loss. good luck.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 5:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'm with 2-1CavWife. If he doesn't want to be included, don't include him in ANYTHING. After a while, he'll wonder why. He may even accuse you of cheating, but if he does that, you can make a point of the fact that if he doesn't want to be a part of your life, he really shouldn't complain too much that you haven't asked.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• He needs to go!
    Anonymous

• Why the fuck do women always think they have to bring their partners everywhere with them? This person is not related, by blood, to him. He doesn't have any emotional ties to her, he obviously never cared for her, therefore he doesn't HAVE to go. He doesn't HAVE to do anything. He's a man, not a puppy. You can't make him do anything.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• ^^^ for the record I went to his foster dads service and I never once met the man! In another state!
    Homeschoolmom99

Answer by Homeschoolmom99 at 6:05 PM on May. 15, 2009